Duncan 2

Duncan

Area of Duncan

Duncan is the center of economic activity in the Cowichan Region. The initial industry of the Cowichan area was agriculture and then copper mining. The current economy is focused on fishing, farming, forestry and tourism. 

Lifestyle in Duncan

The mild climate and long growing season in the Cowichan region have created an agriculturally rich community that produces high quality fruits and vegetables, specialty foods such as artisan cheeses, breads, vinegars, jams and jellies and more. Boating, sailing, kayaking and fishing on the ocean and in local lakes. Hiking, golfing, hunting and many other activities are available across the region. Or just take in the charm and history of this popular Vancouver Island area. 

History of Duncan

Cowichan peoples have lived in the area for a millennia. The British encouraged settlement to stop the American from taking over the region in the 1850s. The route of the railway ensured Duncan’s supremacy as the economic center of 
Cowichan Valley. A vibrant resource and service industry exist today. 

Real Estate in Duncan

Duncan has a varied market for housing. Unlike other areas, Duncan has 48% of its’ housing directed at walk up condo units. Single family homes are next at 40% with row housing at 7%, semi-detached at 3% and duplexes at 1%. Owners live in 57% of housing and renters occupy the remaining 43%. There are all styles, ages and sizes of homes.

Location of Duncan

Duncan is located of the Trans Canada Highway 1, 60 km (36 mi) north of Victoria, 51 km (31 mi) south of Nanaimo.Schools. Duncan is situated on the east coast of Vancouver Island in the Cowichan Valley.

Facts & Figures for East Duncan

Current MLS® Stats - Houses

54

Listings for sale

$746.8K

Average list price

24

Avg days on market

Current MLS® Stats - Condos

9

Listings for sale

$233.2K

Average list price

23

Avg days on market

Disclaimer:

Statistics are estimated from current and past MLS® sales data and do not take into consider off-market listings and sales. Last period refers to [04/01/2019 to 04/30/2019]. Data is deemed reliable but cannot guarantee accuracy. Please inquire with our team to verify and acquire further information.

What do these stats mean for the sale of your home?

Fill out the form below to find out.





Recent listings in East Duncan

MLS® Reciprocity Brought to you by your friendly REALTORS® through the MLS® System, courtesy of BrixWork for Realtors for your convenience.
Disclaimer: MLS® property information is provided under copyright© by the Vancouver Island Real Estate Board. The information is from sources deemed reliable, but should not be relied upon without independent verification.